The Cross Before Me

December 20, 2007

To keep my mind on Jesus I have started looking for a cross everywhere I go. As I’m driving down the road I find it in a house frame, at the supermarket I see it on a shopping cart, and in my own home I’m amazed to find it in each room I find myself in. It’s in my vehicle, my office, and even on my mailbox. It’s everywhere I look.

Looking for the cross keeps our minds on Christ. Finding Jesus is always easy. He’s always before us, beside us, and behind us. He leads us, comforts us, and encourages us, yet when we allow our lives to become entangled with worldly matters we lose sight of the cross. We search for happiness in an unhappy world. We search for peace in a world full of distress and we yearn for encouragement from friends who themselves are lost. The world can not offer us the things that the cross can. Only the cross can offer eternal hope, love, and peace. The only things that truly matter.

While you go about your busy life, always stop and search for the cross. And don’t be surprised when you find it.

All it takes is looking and seeing!

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you…James 4:8

•    DJG  |  December 20th, 2007 at 9:26 pm     Reply

Good reminder.

Thanks.

•    Bill  |  December 22nd, 2007 at 12:18 am     Reply

Sorry for the the off topic comment. But, as we turn our hearts toward family and friends during the Christmas holiday, I wanted to let you to know that I am thankful for blessing of many new friends I’ve come to “know” here in blogland. The tie that binds us is our shared love for and devotion to the Savior whose birth we remember during this special time of the year. May your days be full of holiday blessings; and, may your heart be filled with the warmth of His presence.

Blessings,
    -bill
    Spiritual Oasis Blog

•    preacherman  |  December 22nd, 2007 at 6:33 pm     Reply

Great post.
    I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    In Him,
    Kinney Mabry

•    Monalea  |  December 22nd, 2007 at 9:29 pm     Reply

Excellent! I like your point,”All it takes is looking and seeing!”

Monalea

•    Stacie  |  December 26th, 2007 at 12:39 am     Reply

That is very cool, I never realized just how many cross’s were in my room. Thanks Paula, hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

•    AncientWanderer  |  December 28th, 2007 at 3:52 pm     Reply

I’ve hit that age when most of the stars and all of the “satellites” at night turn into crosses 🙂

•    Brian  |  December 31st, 2007 at 3:39 am     Reply