….for John

September 23, 2007

My husband’s birthday is this week so this post is completely dedicated to him. Enjoy!

The Top Ten (or so) Things I Love about my Husband.

1. He loves me, puts up with me, and laughs with me (sometimes at me, but that’s ok).

2. He loves others and even if he’s exhausted will stop to help someone. Recently on a Wednesday he worked all day, rushed home for Bible class, was completely exhausted but still stopped on the side of the road (on the way home from Bible study) to help a stranded motorist. Not only helped her but came home twice to get more tools and went back and never complained about it once! Also, my husband will send e-cards to members of our congregations (and others) in the hospital just to tell them he is thinking about them and praying for them.

3. He takes care of the kids. Seldom do I have to mention how our youngest may need a bath, a snack, etc or how one of our older ones may need a ride here or there…He knows what needs to be done and does it without me having to ask. (Guys, take notes…This is very romantic.)

4. He loves to cook. He is known in many circles for his famous pizzas! Sometimes he will surprise someone with a fresh pizza just because.

4.5 Amazingly, he always knows where his shoes, billfold, cell phone etc… are!

4.6 He always helps me look for my shoes, purse, cellphone, etc..

5. He is the wisest man I’ve ever met.

6. He loves Jesus, the Bible and the Church and shows it wherever he is. He has taught Bible class, driven the church van, and serves God in many other ways. He is always talking to someone about Jesus.

6.5 He carries his Bible with him so he can read and study wherever he may be.

7. He kills all the scary bugs.

8. He always asks, “What can I do for you?” He’s been known to go to the store for me more than once on the same day.

8.5 He eats my cooking. He fixes my cooking and sometimes when it’s really bad, he’ll just take us all out to eat.

9. He is the Christian example that our kids (and all kids) need.

10. He’s honest, fair, trustworthy, loyal, and he makes me laugh.

He’s a good man and that’s a rarity in this day and age.

Thank you God for John.

•    Neva  |  September 24th, 2007 at 1:20 pm     Reply

Happy Birthday John

peace
    neva

•    Anonymous  |  September 24th, 2007 at 2:53 pm     Reply

yea! john

marisa kills bugs for me too, how romantic.

brian

•    Monalea  |  September 24th, 2007 at 5:23 pm     Reply

Beautiful! And Happy Birthday to John.

Monalea

•    Anonymous  |  September 24th, 2007 at 7:42 pm     Reply

sounds like ya got a good one there! Paula 🙂

happy bday to John!

jel

•    preacherman  |  September 25th, 2007 at 2:18 am     Reply

Happy Birthyday!

•    Matthew  |  September 25th, 2007 at 6:12 pm     Reply

That is sweet, we need to praise our spouses more often.

•    Don {A/W}  |  September 25th, 2007 at 8:08 pm     Reply

Howdy Paula-
    H’b’day John

•    TREY MORGAN  |  September 25th, 2007 at 9:35 pm     Reply

I love posts on why we love our spouses … this is awesome. I have no doubt John LOVED it!

•    ~nb  |  September 26th, 2007 at 1:53 am     Reply

Happy belated birthday!

•    Wade Tannehill  |  September 27th, 2007 at 8:52 am     Reply

Inspiring! I need to work on number three.

•    Christian  |  September 27th, 2007 at 12:58 pm     Reply

Good Day 🙂 God is Love, May you experience God’s Love this Day, may we really learn to Praise him in all things 🙂 Lets Share God’s Love today 🙂 You are Loved!

•    Anonymous  |  September 30th, 2007 at 4:11 am     Reply

You don’t know me, but I just happened upon your blog – are you married to my husband? LOL! except for the fixing the car part…mine does laundry instead. Don’t you feel all left out when others are whining about their husbands, and yours treats you so special? I do…HA!

God is so good. I dont’ know how I would make it without the Godly husband God gave me. This morning I woke up so grateful for my husband. I’m glad I’m not the only one!

•    Justin  |  October 19th, 2007 at 4:55 am     Reply

As I read this, I became overwhelmed with emotions. I didn’t know relationships like this existed Paula!

I need to go get a wife now so I can write these sappy things! God is so good, isn’t He?