Christian Advisors in Hollywood

May 19, 2007

HollyWeird once again surprises me! The latest trend for celebrities is hiring Christian Advisors.

I was channel surfing the other night when I heard an anchor person say the word “Christian.” It immediately caught my attention. According to this entertainment news show celebrities are now hiring advisors to direct them in the way of Christ.

I wonder who these Christian advisors are and how much money they are requesting to tell someone about Christ? How much is a soul worth these days? $9.99 a minute or is the second minute cheaper? I have a feeling that enormous amounts of money are being requested and paid. I did an Internet search but haven’t yet found a Christian advisor to question but I’m very curious. If you find one let me know.

If you are searching for salvation then get a Bible. Try a New King James Version, a New American Standard Version, or even the New International Version and start doing some serious studying.

Try on-line sites such as www.biblegateway.com or www.blueletterbible.org

Then find someone who won’t need your credit card number before they tell you about Jesus.

I’d love to tell you all I know about Him and I won’t charge you a dime.

What do you think about Christians Advisors? Are they just modern day preachers or not?

Entry Filed under: Christian Advisors. Posted in  Christian Advisors .

•    laymond  |  May 20th, 2007 at 2:03 am     Reply

Paula I suppose I could be a christian advisor, I am a christian and I love giving advise.

•    TREY MORGAN  |  May 20th, 2007 at 3:47 am     Reply

I’m in. I won’t charge either. BUT, I am glad they are looking for an answer and Christ seems to be where their looking.

•    Anonymous  |  May 20th, 2007 at 11:31 am     Reply

I’m with you, Paula. Just because something has a Christian label doesn’t necessarily mean it has anything to do with true Christianity. I suspect a Christian who gives advice is much different than a “Christian Advisor” who has a title and fee. Maybe they should be called ethical or moral advisors rather than Christian advisors, if they aren’t sharing the gospel with their Hollywood clients.

•    Don  |  May 21st, 2007 at 4:40 am     Reply

I don’t want to be too critical but wouldn’t the need for a “Christian Adviser” presuppose there was a Christian in Hollywood.

Now, Pre-Christian Adviser… that’s different.

“or even the NIV”? 🙂

•    lisa leichner  |  May 21st, 2007 at 12:44 pm     Reply

I laughed about your NIV comment too! Silly.

Christian advisors?? Interesting.

•    preacherman  |  May 22nd, 2007 at 2:12 pm     Reply

Paul,
    After living in California, Christian advisors are nothing more than new age Christianity. A person who tellls the stars what they want to hear with a fee. Are they going to advise them not to take a certain role that is going to pay them $30 million dollars with an R rating. No. Believe me it is nothing more a “Christian guru” making money and making money in the name of Christ.

As they say in California, “California is like trail mix: You’ve got your flakes, your fruits, and all the rest are nuts.”

•    evolver  |  May 28th, 2007 at 9:36 pm     Reply

If a “Christian adviser” is someone who is truly following the call, I would say, why not?

Paul said ministers have the right to earn their living by the gospel, so I am not worried simply because this person receives a fee. Even those in one on one ministry need to earn a living.

I suppose I would be more worried about the person who feels they need that kind of one on one ministry. I would consider this a sign that they are still living a life centred on self. It is as if ministry is yet another service they need to consume, like personal grooming or a press agency.

I think that’s more the problem than the existence of personal advisers itself.